1. How do I apply for a Real Estate License?
First, you must take the required Pre-Licensing course and pass the course exams. Second, you must pass the state licensing exam. Lastly, you must affiliate with a broker.
2. How long does it take to complete the course and become licensed?
Depending on which course you select, it can be completed in as little as 1½ weeks. Then it will take approximately 2-4 weeks to schedule your State Licensing Exam. Upon passing the State Licensing Exam and affiliating with a broker you will become licensed.
3. Am I obligated to affiliate with Long & Foster Real Estate, Inc. if I take the course at Long and Foster Institute of Real Estate?
No, course attendance does not require nor guarantee affiliation with Long & Foster® Real Estate, Inc.
4. Where are the classes held?
Classes are held in over 75 state approved classrooms in Washington, D.C., Delaware, Maryland, New Jersey, and Virginia.
5. When are the classes held?
We offer many different schedules that include weekday, evening, evening/Saturday and weekend classes. Please see the schedule of classes to determine which one best fits your schedule.
6. How do I register for the classes?
You can register for the classes online at https://cvent.me/xqnNO2.
7. What is the dress code in class?
Students have the responsibility to dress and groom themselves in a manner that is safe, healthy, and non-disruptive to the classroom and the school. Business casual attire is expected at all times.
8. Can I tape record or video tape the classes?
Recording of any kind is prohibited in the classroom.
9. What do I need to bring to class?
Paper, pen, basic calculator and a highlighter are recommended.
10. Do I need to attend all of the Pre-licensing classes?
Yes, in order to reach course completion, students must attend all classes and pass the final exams within the given time frame for each state.
11. I live in a high traffic area, what if I am late to class?
There are NO late arrivals, and NO early departures. If you are late or need to leave early you will be required to make that class up within the guidelines given for that state.
12. I have to miss a class; how do I make it up?
At the Long & Foster Institute of Real Estate you are given the opportunity to make up classes. Please ask your instructor for further details.
13. My schedule varies, do you have a course that is self-paced?
Yes, we offer online classes where you can proceed at your own pace. https://longandfoster.theceshop.com/pre-licensing.